As a nurse, you are on the front lines of healthcare, dealing with the physical and emotional needs of patients on a daily basis. The demands of the job can be overwhelming, and it’s easy to get caught up in the stress and negative emotions that come with the territory.
One way to combat these feelings is by using positive affirmations. Positive affirmations are phrases or statements that are repeated regularly in order to change negative thoughts or beliefs into positive ones.
They can help to promote feelings of self-confidence, self-esteem, and motivation, and can be an effective tool for nurses looking to improve their emotional well-being and overall quality of life.
While the following affirmations have been written especially with nurses in mind, they could also potentially be used by nursing students and other healthcare workers. Anyone working in a hospital or medical setting might find these positive affirmations will help them to make a happier, healthier workplace.
How To Use Positive Affirmations For Nurses
You’ll find plenty of info here on how to use positive affirmations, but the general gist of it is to read through the list of nursing affirmations below and choose a few that truly resonate with you and how you would like to be feeling.
Then start using your affirmations regularly. Repeat each statement over and over again (15-20 times) like a mantra, and try to do so at least twice a day. Eventually your brain will start to believe that what you are telling it is true and will take the necessary steps to make it so.
You can choose to:
- Say your affirmations out loud
- ‘Say’ them, quietly, in your head
- Write them out repeatedly, or
- Record them and listen to them over and over again.
The method you choose doesn’t really matter, the important thing is to be consistent and diligent with your use of positive affirmations until you have noticed the positive changes in your life.
So, choose a few of the affirmations for nurses that we’ve created for you below, and get started on your positive affirmations journey now.
Affirmations For Nurses
- I am strong and capable of handling the demands of my job.
- I am compassionate and dedicated to providing the best care for my patients.
- I am grateful for the opportunity to make a positive impact in the lives of others.
- I choose to focus on the positive and find joy in my work.
- I trust in my skills and abilities as a nurse.
- I am calm and capable.
- I am important.
- I am doing my best.
- I am enough.
- I am surrounded by a supportive team who helps me provide the best care.
- I am resilient and can handle the challenges that come with the job.
- I am proud of the work that I do and the difference I make in the lives of others.
- I am grateful for the opportunity to learn and grow as a nurse.
- I am confident in my ability to provide quality care and make a positive difference.
- I can do it.
- I am competent and capable.
- I am making a difference.
- I am good at my job.
- I am a caring and trusted nurse.
- I am excited to go to work each day.
- I enjoy the challenges of my workplace.
- I am capable of handling any situation.
- I am strong, determined and capable.
- I am ready for a great day.
- I love looking after people.
- I am grateful for my skills.
- I am proud of the job that I do.
- I am a natural nurse.
- I am grateful for the privilege of being able to help others and make a difference in their lives.
- I trust in my ability to handle any situation that arises and make the best decisions for my patients.
- I am capable of balancing the demands of my job with my own self-care and well-being.
- I am surrounded by a team of colleagues who support and inspire me.
- I am proud of the contributions I make to the healthcare community.
- I am grateful for the opportunity to continue learning and growing as a nurse.
- I am confident in my ability to provide compassionate and high-quality care.
- I am resilient in the face of stress and challenges.
- I am strong and capable of handling the emotional demands of my job.
- I am grateful for the opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of my patients.
- I am resilient.
- I am empowered by my love and care for my patients.
- I am grateful for the opportunity to work in healthcare.
- I am doing a good job.
- I am intelligent, capable and competent.
- I am an important member of the team.
- I believe in my skills and abilities.
- I deserve respect.
- I am a respected and important member of staff.
- Nursing patients is easy and effortless for me.
- I am a natural born carer.
- I am doing my best every day.
- I always give my all to the job.
- I enjoy showing kindness and empathy to every patient.
- I am calm.
- I am full of energy and ready to take on the day.
- I am proud of myself and the work that I do.
- I am an excellent nurse.
- I show kindness and respect to every patient.
- I am supported and appreciated by my colleagues.
- I am focused on doing my job to the highest possible standard.
- I am a confident nurse.
- I love helping to heal people.
- I am happy and efficient.
- I am well liked by all of my patients.
- I know what to do in every situation.
- I love what I do.
- I am a valuable member of the healthcare system.
- I make a big difference in people’s lives.
- I am doing an important job.
- I am a skilled nurse.
- Handling challenges is easy for me.
- I am glad I chose nursing for my career.
- I am happy being a nurse.
- I am able to do hard things.
- I thrive under pressure.
- I am confident in my nursing skills and abilities.
- I am taking care of myself as well as others.
- I am an intelligent and capable nurse.
- I am proud of my nursing achievements.
- I am a good problem solver.
- I am calm and focused.
- Helping patients is easy for me.
- I enjoy looking after people.
- I enjoy going to work each day.
- Nursing comes naturally to me.
- I am proud of how good I am at my job.
- I am a talented nurse.
- I have a natural affinity with my patients.
- I always listen to my patients.
- I know that nursing is the right career for me.
- I am happy, enthusiastic and filled with energy each day.
Positive affirmations can be a powerful tool for nurses looking to improve their emotional wellbeing and overall quality of life. By repeating positive statements to yourself, you can change negative thoughts and beliefs into positive ones, which can help to promote feelings of self-confidence, self-esteem, and motivation.
The demands of being a nurse can be overwhelming, especially in these post pandemic years, and it’s easy to get caught up in the stress and negative emotions that come with the territory. Using positive affirmations can help you to combat these feelings, and allow you to focus on the positive aspects of your job and find joy in your work.
It’s important to remember that the key to using positive affirmations effectively is to make sure that the statements are personal and meaningful to you, and that you repeat them regularly, ideally several times a day. Additionally, it’s important to pair affirmations with other positive habits such as exercise, meditation, and visualization for the best results.
Wherever you are in your nursing career, from nursing student to mature and experienced nurses, we salute you and all that you do and hope that these positive affirmations can help to make a positive impact on your lives and the lives of the people you care for.