For most people Christmas is a time of happiness and joy, but we also know that the holiday season can be very difficult for some people. Whether it’s financial or relationship stress, dealing with the memories of a lost friend or relative, or just the stress of all the planning and organizing that goes into Christmas celebrations, Christmas can be hard.
If you’re finding Christmas hard this year, or even if you just want to make sure that you get the most out of this celebratory event, these positive affirmations for Christmas are perfect for you.
While most people are happy to stop and give thanks around thanksgiving, it’s a practice often forgotten by the time Christmas rolls around. These affirmations for Christmas will not only add more joy and positivity to your event, they’ll also remind you to reflect and feel grateful for all that you have.
How To Use Christmas Affirmations
Like any other positive affirmations, simply choose a few of the affirmations below that truly resonate with you and how you are feeling (or how you would like to be feeling). Then practice these affirmations daily, preferably at least twice a day, in the lead up to Christmas.
You can practice your affirmations by:
- Saying them out loud
- Saying them in your head
- Writing them out repeatedly, or
- Recording to them and listening to them over and over again.
Repetition is key if you’re trying to make changes in your brain and/or the way you are feeling, so practice your affirmations often and repeat each affirmation 10-15 times (like a mantra) each time you ‘practice’.
Hopefully your Christmas affirmations will leave you feeling more positive and excited about this annual celebration as well as calm, stress free and grateful.
Positive Christmas Affirmations
I’ve split the following Christmas affirmations into two categories – one for when Christmas is hard and the second to help boost your Christmas spirit and excitement for the season.
Affirmations For Christmas When Christmas Is Hard
- I am content with what I have.
- I am grateful for all the love in my life.
- I am blessed with a beautiful life.
- I am brave, strong, confident and unstoppable.
- I take my time each day to count my blessings.
- I choose to have a peaceful Christmas.
- Gratitude comes naturally to me.
- I am taking advantage of the fresh start that Christmas brings.
- I am grateful for all that I have.
- I am competent and capable.
- I can manage this.
- I am thankful for my friends and family this holiday season.
- I am determined to have a stress free Christmas.
- I am determined to enjoy Christmas this year.
- I am thankful for Christmas traditions.
- This year I will win at Christmas.
- The more I give, the better I feel.
- I deserve to enjoy Christmas.
- I deserve to enjoy the holiday season.
- I will have fun at Christmas this year.
- I choose to spend Christmas the way I want to spend Christmas.
- I am able to delegate.
- I am allowed to rest.
- I am able to set boundaries this holiday season.
- I will share the workload this Christmas.
- I will ask for help when I need it.
- I am important.
- I am able to navigate tough family situations.
- I am strong, confident and capable – I can handle whatever comes my way.
- I am being gentle with myself this Christmas.
- I am grateful for all of the good that is coming my way.
- I am doing enough.
- My happiness is a priority this Christmas.
- I choose to make time for self-care this Christmas.
- I am worthy of a fun and happy Christmas.
- I am looking forward to a calm and peaceful Christmas this year.
- I am enjoying a stress-free holiday season.
- I deserve to enjoy all the great holiday foods.
- I allow myself to enjoy all aspects of the holiday.
- I am in the process of learning to love Christmas.
- I am confident in my ability to navigate delicate situations with family members.
- I am able to show my love without spending all my money.
- I am grateful for the gifts that I receive.
- I am the greatest gift to my friends and family.
- I am more than the gifts that I give.
- I am able to celebrate the season even when it’s hard for me.
- I enjoy spending time with friends and family over the holidays.
- I am open to new traditions and new memories.
- I have the power to create a happy Christmas.
- I am in control of my thoughts and feelings this Christmas.
- Christmas is just another day, I can get through this.
- I choose to embrace the holiday season and all of the joy that it brings.
- I am allowed to ask for help and look after myself this Christmas.
Positive Affirmations For Christmas To Boost Your Festive Feelings
- I am feeling festive.
- I am looking forward to the holidays.
- I enjoy Christmas.
- I am grateful for the holiday season.
- I enjoy Christmas and the happiness it brings.
- I love the joy and happiness that Christmas brings.
- I embrace the holiday season.
- I love Christmas time.
- I am excited to see what the holiday season will bring.
- I am excited about Christmas.
- I love how the Christmas season brings out the best in people.
- I enjoy all the fun and excitement that Christmas brings.
- I am looking forward to Christmas.
- I am making holiday memories.
- I enjoy all the Christmas traditions.
- I enjoy catching up with friends and family at Christmas time.
- I allow the joy of the Christmas season to fill my heart.
- I am looking forward to Christmas this year.
- I love choosing gifts and spreading love at Christmas.
- I am surrounded by people who love me.
- I am filled with happiness and joy.
- I am making magical Christmas memories with my family.
- I enjoy spreading the light of Christmas wherever I go.
- I am grateful for the happiness and abundance that Christmas brings.
- I love spreading Christmas cheer.
- My house is a happy place during the holidays, there’s nowhere else I’d rather be.
- I enjoy being present in the moment.
- My family is my greatest joy.
- I love the magic of Christmas.
- I love the joy that Christmas brings.
- I love to spread joy and Christmas cheer.
- Christmas is my favorite time of year.
- I embrace the joy of giving.
- I will have a happy Christmas this year.
- Making other people happy makes me happy.
- I enjoy the joy of giving.
- Seeing people smile makes Christmas worthwhile.
- I feel peace and joy in my heart at Christmastime.
- I am filled with energy and excitement for the coming holiday festivities.
- I am overjoyed with happiness and excitement for Christmas and all that it will bring.
- I am filled with the spirit of the holiday season.
- I will make this Christmas one to remember forever.
- I am excited for a Christmas with new experiences and traditions.
- I am ready for Christmas.
- I am a magnet for positive energy and Christmas fun.
- I radiate positivity this Christmas.
- I am full of energy and ready to celebrate.
- I am using my time and energy wisely to create a wonderful Christmas.
- Christmas is my thing.
- Enjoying Christmas is normal for me.
- It is normal for me to have fun at Christmas.
- I am filled with festive energy and fun.
- I am creating a Christmas for my family to enjoy.
- I am optimistic about the holiday season.
- I know this Christmas will be great.
- I find it easy to prepare for Christmas.
- I enjoy getting everything ready for Christmas.
- I am ready for Christmas.
- I am planning a fun, and well organized, Christmas.
- I am effortlessly enjoying the holiday season.
- I have a lot of Christmas spirit.
- I have boundless energy and excitement for the holiday season.
- My Christmas spirit shines like the lights on a Christmas tree.
- I love Christmastime and look forward to the new year and the fresh start it brings.
- I am brimming with energy and Christmas spirit.
- It is normal for me to feel happy at Christmas.
- I am a fun person to be around for the holidays.
- I am effortlessly planning a fun family Christmas.
- I am always excited for Christmas parties and celebrations.
- I feel a warm glow in my heart at this time of year.
- I love Christmas.
- I believe in the magic of Christmas.
Christmas is supposed to be a fun, magical time of the year, perfect for spending time, and celebrating, with friends and family. Hopefully these positive affirmations for Christmas will have you feeling the joy of Christmas and help you get back into the festive spirit.
A great way to help spread Christmas cheer through your neighborhood is to start up a game of Elf By Stealth – nothing gets you into the Christmas spirit more than some anonymous gifting (and some positive Christmas affirmations, of course)!
However you choose to celebrate, we hope your Christmas is as festive and fun as you would like it to be!