Going through a breakup is tough, no one can deny that. But, there are small things you can do to make your transition into single life easier, and one of those things is to use affirmations. Whether you use the affirmations to help you to move on from a relationship, to help repair your broken heart or to help you get your ex back, the following positive affirmations are perfect for using after a breakup.
If you’re unfamiliar with positive affirmations, they’re basically a way to train your brain to start believing what you want it to. Once you get your brain on board and thinking the way you want it to, life becomes a lot easier.
Re-training your brain to think and act differently requires time, patience and consistency – but it can be done! For everything you need to know about using positive affirmations, click here. But, the general gist is, you need to choose a few of the following affirmations that make sense to you and how you are feeling, or how you would like to be feeling, and then repeat them over and over again, like a mantra, until your brain takes it on board.
You’ll want to repeat each affirmation 10-15 times and repeat the whole process at least twice a day. You can do this by:
- Saying each affirmation out loud
- Saying each affirmation silently in your head
- Writing them out repeatedly or
- Recording them and listening to them over and over again.
Choose whichever method works best for you, there’s no right or wrong here, the important thing to remember is to practice your affirmations diligently and consistently.
Now, all that’s left to do is to read through the following lists of positive affirmations for after a breakup and choose the few that make the most sense to you.
Affirmations After A Breakup
The first thing you need to decide is what you would like to achieve by using these breakup affirmations. Are you trying to move on? Or do you want to get your ex back? Or maybe you just need some help to mend your broken heart?
We’ve sorted these breakup affirmations into these 3 distinct categories, but only you can decide how you are feeling and what you would like to achieve.
Affirmations For Moving On From A Relationship
- I have power over my own life.
- I am learning to trust myself.
- I am excited about what the future holds for me.
- I know that there is something better for me.
- I am whole on my own.
- I am excited about this new beginning.
- I have a lot to offer.
- I am worthy of a loving, fulfilling relationship.
- I deserve a relationship in which my needs are met.
- I am able to find happiness in any situation.
- I am excited to start my new life.
- I am free to be the best version of myself.
- I like who I am.
- I am ready to embark on my new life.
- I am open to finding love again.
- I am opening myself up to new and exciting opportunities.
- I am capable of trusting again.
- I am looking forward to finding a fulfilling and loving relationship.
- I attract positive and healthy relationships.
- I know I have worth and value and have a lot to offer any relationship.
- I am happy to leave this relationship in my past.
- I am allowing myself to let go.
- I am allowing myself to move on.
- I am in control of my life.
- My happiness is my number one priority.
- I will move on from this.
- I am learning to love myself unconditionally.
- I am excited for the things the future will bring.
- I attract amazing, healthy relationships.
- I choose to move forward.
- I choose to move on from this relationship.
- I am happy and ready to move on.
- I am grateful for past relationships but ready to move on.
- I love knowing that the best is yet to come.
- I choose to let go of my anger.
- I am happy with the decisions I’ve made.
- I radiate positivity.
- I am ready to embrace my new life.
Affirmations To Get Your Ex Back
- I am happy knowing that I will be back together with _________ soon.
- I am ready to have ________ back in my life.
- I am excited for a future with ________.
- I am confident that ________ and I will be together again soon.
- I love knowing that ________ will come back to me soon.
- I trust that my partner will come back to me soon.
- ________ and I are destined to be together.
- I will wait until ______ is ready to come back to me.
- I am happy on my own until _______ feels ready for us to be together again.
- I am giving _____ the time that they need, knowing that they will soon come back to me.
- I trust that _____ and I are meant to be together.
- I trust that _______ and I will be together again soon.
- I am irresistible to ___________.
- I am manifesting a deep and genuine relationship with _________.
- I am excited to have _______ back in my life.
- The time we spent apart will only make us stronger.
- I am looking forward to the deeper connection we will share after some time apart.
- I am confident that _______ wants to be with me.
- I am grateful for _______, and know that they are the best person for me.
- I am destined to get back together with _________.
- _________ is the love of my life.
- __________ is my soulmate.
- __________ and I are meant to be together.
- When the time is right, _______ and I will be together again.
- _________ and I are perfect together and always will be.
- I am ready for a loving relationship with ________.
- I am happy to have ________ back in my life again.
- I am grateful for a second chance of love with _______.
- I am confident that the universe wants ______ and I to be together.
- We are each other’s destiny.
- I am grateful that _______ is willing to take another chance with me.
- I welcome _______ back into my life.
Affirmations For A Broken Heart
- I am loveable.
- I am deserving of love.
- I deserve love.
- I am enough.
- I am enough and deserve love.
- I am learning to love myself unconditionally.
- I love who I am.
- I love me.
- It is getting easier and easier each day.
- I am becoming stronger.
- I am in the process of learning to love again.
- I enjoy spending time with myself.
- I am a good person who deserves all the good things in life.
- I am a good person who deserves love.
- I am confident that I will be feeling better soon.
- I know that I will get over this.
- I am a happy, joyous person who deserves love.
- I am brave.
- I can do this.
- I am confident things will get easier for me each day.
- I am likable, loveable and worthy of love.
- I am worthy of love.
- I am worthy of a partner who cherishes me.
- I am finding peace.
- I am working on myself.
- I am allowing myself to feel joy and happiness.
- I am allowing myself to feel all of my emotions.
- I am allowed to feel sad.
- I am confident that my sadness will pass with time.
- I am in the process of grieving the loss of my relationship – this too shall pass.
- This is just a small part of my story.
- I am healing more and more each day.
- I am worthy of love even if my heart hurts right now.
- I am strong.
- I know this breakup won’t stop me for long.
- I know that the pain I am feeling is only temporary.
- I always bounce back after a breakup.
- It is normal for me to feel this way after a breakup.
- I know that I will feel like my old self again soon.
- I am feeling pain but I know it will pass.
- I am happy spending time working on myself.
- I am loved by family and friends.
- I am actively fighting through the pain of heartbreak.
- I will feel better soon.
- I choose to find peace and solace.
- I know that I will get through this.
- I am taking care of myself.
- I deserve some rest and recovery.
- I am entitled to grieve.
- I am giving myself the time and space I need to heal.
- I am valuable and worthy.
Getting over a breakup is tough, but a natural part of life. Take all the time you need to heal, and use these positive affirmations to help you in whatever way they can.
Oh, and if you’re ready to move on and leave your previous relationship in the past, you might also like to use these affirmations to attract your soulmate to help you find a deep and meaningful love for your next relationship.